What Stands Out About Lemonade
✅ Lemonade has the best signup experience.
✅ Offer more than pet insurance. Renters, home, care, term life
✅ You can go to any vet you like in the US.
✅ Offers five add-ons to their pet insurance plan
✅ Covers most procedures with some exceptions
- Add-on “Preventative and Wellness” package
- Heartworm, fecal, blood work tests are all optional add-on.
- Adjustable reimbursement percentage (Starting +/-80%)
- Adjustable annual max (At around $20,000/year)
- Adjustable annual deductible (Starting at $250/year)
- Add-ons for vet visits, physical therapy, end-of-life services
What’s Covered on Lemonade
- Diagnostic exams
- Cancer treatment
- Allergy medicine
- Arthritis medicine
- Emergency care
- Outpatient services
- Elbow and hip dysplasia
- Eye disorders
- Prescription meds
- Skin conditions
What’s Not Covered on Lemonade (Exclusions)
- Pre-existing conditions
- Dental cleaning (Sometimes covered)
- Vaccinations (Sometimes covered)
- Flea & heartworm medication (Sometimes covered)
- Physical therapy (Sometimes covered)
- Bilateral conditions
- Cosmetic, aesthetic or elective surgeries
- Claims are submitted on the Lemonade app
- Most claims are paid almost instantly
- Some claims will require an audit
- Invoice and receipt from vet are required
- Medical exam on file from last 12 months is required.
- Be prepared to add additional information and records for claims
Lemonade like most pet insurance products is made for young, healthy pets. It was easy to get a quote for a 3 to 8 year old pet when we attempted to register. But when we attempted to sign up a healthy 10 year old Golden Retriever, we received the message, “Sorry, but we can’t insure *your pet* right now. This was a disappointing aspect of the process as most pet insurance companies will give a quote, although an expensive quote, for a much older pet (10+)
Lemonade advertises itself at having a low monthly price; An unheard of monthly prices compared to their competitors. But when you factor your pet’s age, breed, location, and optional add-ons such as wellness and preventative care, you’ll see that Lemonade’s monthly price is just as high as their competitors. Understand that in the pet insurance industry, the less costly a policy is, it is for bare minimum coverage for the most optimal pet (young and healthy). When reality sets in and age, breed and location factor in, the real price eventually comes out.
// Comments are closed //