What Stands Out About Wagmo
✅ Offers a *Wellness Only* package
✅ Get reimbursements from Venmo, Paypal or bank transfer.
✅ Claims reimbursement for wellness paid in 24 hours.
✅ Claims reimbursement for insurance paid within one week.
✅ Visit any licensed veterinarian, televet.
- Options for Pet Coverage (Pet Wellness, Emergency Care or Both).
- Options for wellness (Value, Classic, and Deluxe).
- Classic plan for wellness offers $100 for flea, tick and heartworm medication.
- Classic plan for wellness offers $100 for grooming expenses.
- Deluxe plan for wellness offers $200 for flea, tick and heartworm medication.
- Deluxe plan for wellness offers $200 for grooming expenses.
- Deluxe plan for wellness offers $100 for dental care expenses.
What’s Covered on Wagmo
- For Pet Insurance
- Prescription medications
- Emergency vet visits
- Virtual, in-home, or in-office care
- Hospital stays
- CT scans
- Laboratory tests
- Cancer treatment
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- Prosthetics and orthopedics
- Hip dysplasia
- End of life care (euthanasia)
- Pet ambulance
What’s Not Covered on Wagmo (Exclusions)
- Prescription food
- Dental surgeries
- Biohazard fees
- Training/obedience class
- Cosmetic surgeries (ear cropping, tail docking, declawing)
- Breeding, pregnancy or birth expenses
- Pre-existing conditions
- Can be done on their website.
- Photo or copy of the invoice must be uploaded.
- Also required: Itemized list of procedures and medical history.
- Wellness claims are processed in 24 hours.
- Reimbursements are made on Venmo, Paypal or ACH bank transfer.
- Insurance claims are processed within a week after submission.
- All claims are processed through a third-party administrator.
Wagmo touts itself as a pet insurance company and as a pet wellness company. They really separate both programs by offering 1. Wagmo Pet Insurance package along with the Wagmo Pet Wellness package. You can get one or the other, depending on your estimation of needs; Just know that Wagmo is there to cover catastrophic (sorry to use that word) and emergency care along with routine maintenance.
- Venmo & Paypal payouts
- Pays "up to 100%" of the bill
- Deductible options
- Must cancel in writing
- Dental surgeries not covered
- Preventative is part of wellness plan
Ease of Use
We’re giving Wagmo a high rating based on the affordability of the plan and the amount of customization that can be done with your plan. You can make a wellness plan if all you’re going to do are checkups and vaccinations. You can also make a plan that covers all the “what ifs” that come from accidents and illnesses. Or you can get everything covered plus a yearly stipend for grooming and dental care.
You can start by getting a quote online on their website where you can build your plan with what you exactly need. Whether it’s wellness, accident, illness, or grooming, you can get almost all of it covered. This type of flexibility is seldom seen with pet insurance products, it’s good to know that it’s available with Wagmo.
Last, the reimbursements options are great with Wagmo. Wellness claims are processed within 24 hours and pet insurance claims are processed within one week. Last, Wagmo can send reimbursements to your Venmo or Paypal accounts, along with the more conventional ACH bank transfer.